The First Philippine Science Digital Library
STARBOOKS is stands for Science and Technology Academic and Research –Based Openly Operated Kiosk Station that contains thousand of
digitized science and technology resources in various formats ( text and video/audio). These resources are placed in specially designed “pods” set in a user-friendly interface.
It aims to create in the field of science and technology which may increase the number of Filipinos enrolling S&T courses; encourage great and curious minds to develop
new ideas - invention and innovation; and inspire one’s capacity for entrepreneurship and research.
Among its features:
- It is a standalone information kiosk, hence, information access is possible even without internet connection;
- The information are available only thru “read only” format.
- It is an S&T information resource were the materials are sourced out from local and foreign linkages , subscription, archive collections and in-house publications; and
- It has “Tamang DOSTkarte Livelihood videos” to promote and support entrepreneurial spirit.
Through the initiative of Regional Secretary MYRA M. ALIH, the DOST-ARMM in partnership with DOST-STII and with coordination with DepEd-ARMM the program is
now on the smooth implementation by donating a complete package of STARBOOKS (including computer set) to the following schools identified and recommended by DepEd-ARMM:
- Dumarpa Maniri Pimping National Science High School, Marawi City
- ARMM Regional Science High School, Parang, Maguindanao
- Tawi-Tawi School of Arts and Trades (TTSAT) – STE Implementing School, Bongao, Tawi-Tawi
- Lamitan National High School – STE Implementing School, Lamitan City
- Jolo Agricultural School (JAS) – Senior Science High School Early Implementing school, Jolo, Sulu
- For Basilan Province
- Bacolod Kalawi National High School, Bacolod Lanao del sur.